Confession: I love peering inside other women's purses! And I know I'm not alone. One of my favorite gossip magazines devotes an entire column to what's inside the purses of Hollywood most imitable starlets. And just like you can learn a lot about someone from their collection of books, or even the apps on their phone, you can also decipher a woman's passion and pursuits by what she keeps closets to her at all times.
Growing up my mother taught me to not only carefully consider which handbag I chose to carry but she also insisted that I keep a few must-haves: perfume samples, monogrammed handkerchiefs and a quality ink pen. I remember keeping these items in my backpack when I was in elementary school! My mother was just that serious. I suppose it's no surprise then that I not only take my handbag collection seriously but I also have a fascination with what I choose to keep inside. So, take a peak at what I always carry with me! The contents may surprise you!
· A tea lover, I always carry around Dean and DeLuca's peppermint tea. Perfect for stressful days.
· I love oils and Aveda's Shampure is the BEST. Great for hair static, cuticles and lips. And the scent is perfection, a mix of shampoo and tulips!
· As a writer, I always carry a book, markers and a good ink pen.
· I carry infant-sized plastic spoons because I prefer to use my own utensils when dining out, plus I like the idea of taking small bites.
· Admittedly, I carry a pair of infant socks as a way of putting out to the universe just how much I want a baby! I think of it like a child putting a tooth under their pillow. Perhaps there's a baby fairy? Let's hope so!
· I always carry a bottle of Rodin, one of my favorite perfumes.
· DryBar sparkling soda shine hair mist is DIVINE as is Glow Recipe watermelon pink juice moisturizer. For my hands, I prefer Clarins nail and hand creme. If you're over 40 and not carrying moisturizer in your purse, you should do so. Now. Also, sunglasses are a must if you want to stave off wrinkles around your eyes. My favorite pair is by Celine.